When you are responsible for important documents that could be changed by others, you might want to be notified when changes occur of which you are not aware. You can subscribe to those documents to receive email messages when events occur that you are interested in. You may also subscribe to receive reminders for specific documents for which a system administrator has configured periodic reminders. If you have the Allow Management of Subscriptions for others privilege, you can add or remove subscriptions for other users.
- You might also receive event notifications or reminders for documents to which you did not subscribe. These could be the result of automatic notifications configured by a system administrator.
- You may not select a non-project folder to subscribe to all of the documents that it contains.
- Subscriptions require some configuration by a system administrator. Also, you must be a member of a group that has been granted the Allow Subscriptions or Allow Management of Subscriptions for others privileges in the folder containing the documents that you want to subscribe to.
- Notifications are only sent to your primary email address as set by a system administrator and as described in Creating and editing user accounts.
- In any navigation view, select the documents or project folders that you want to change subscriptions for.
- In the Document or Folder ribbon, in the Action group, click Change Subscription. The Change Subscription dialog box appears and lists the available events and reminders that you can subscribe to. The events to which you have already subscribed are selected.
- Select or clear events and reminders to change the subscriptions to the selected documents.
- Click OK to save your subscription changes.
Changes to the selected events in this list are not saved if you click the Subscribers button and will be reset when that dialog is closed. If you want to change the subscriptions of other users, select the subscribers in the next step first and then change the events to which they are subscribed.
The checkboxes shown by this dialog can represent three states that indicate how many of the selected subscribers are subscribed to the corresponding event. The appearance of the different states is shown in the following figure.