The Meridian Cloud Connector is a set of components for use with the Meridian Cloud applications PowerWeb, Portal, and Explorer. These are a subset of the Full Meridian Client setup package for on-premises deployments. The components manage a local workspace on your PC where files are downloaded when you perform certain actions on them.
If you are a Meridian Cloud user who needs any of these benefits, then you should install the Meridian Cloud Connector:
- View a document in the file's source application
- Export documents or metadata
- Work with batches of documents, referenced documents, hybrid parts, and redlines
- Automatic title block synchronization and reference management
- Access Meridian Cloud from within your desktop application
- Use a Meridian site cache to access documents faster. If you are unsure if you should use a site cache, contact your system administrator.
The Meridian Cloud Connector provides no additional functionality compared to the Full Meridian Client setup. It is simply provided in this form as a convenience, particularly for customers who do not also have on-premises deployments.
It is also more convenient because it:
- Does not require administrator permissions on the PC to install (includes SQLite instead of requires MS SQL Server Compact Edition)
- Automatically configures itself to connect to your Meridian Cloud account
Although it can be used for on-premises deployments, side-by-side installation with other client deployments and upgrading from one setup type to the other are not supported. We recommend the Full Meridian Client for on-premises deployments. It is required if you want to use the PowerUser desktop application or if you want to use the AutoVue viewer (not included).
You can download both the Meridian Cloud Connector and the Full Meridian Client from the Meridian Cloud home page after you log in. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 or higher is required.
For more information, see:
How do I configure the Meridian Cloud Connector installation?
Configuring a site cache connection
Please sign in to leave a comment.