After you have checked out a drawing as described in Route a Document In a Workflow and edited it, you can easily finish working with the drawing from within AutoCAD using the single command Save & Release.
The command performs several actions for you:
- Saves your changes to the file in your local workspace.
- Closes the drawing in AutoCAD.
- Synchronizes your local workspace with the Meridian vault.
- Routes the drawing to the released state of its workflow. If the next state in the drawing’s workflow is not the released state, this action is not performed and you must route the document manually as described in Route a Document In a Workflow.
To save and release a drawing:
- On the Meridian page of the ribbon in AutoCAD, select Save & Release . If the workflow transition that executes is configured to show any property pages for you to input additional information, they appear just as they would from within PowerUser.
- This command is not available on the Meridian menu or at the command prompt because it attempts to close the drawing, which prevents releasing it.