A Meridian vault may contain an unlimited number of folders. Meridian Enterprise folders work very similar to Windows folders. Anything that you can do to a Windows folder, you can do to a Meridian folder in the Documentation branch of the vault:
- Create and rename
- Copy and move
- Delete and restore
- Assign inheritable security to the contents
But Meridian folders are also capable of doing much more than Windows folders:
- The name can be calculated automatically
- The properties of a document can be determined by its parent folders
- Commands run on a selected folder can apply to all of the documents in the folder
- A special type of folder called a project folder can have a workflow associated with it similar to a document workflow as described in Run a Workflow Transition. Meridian Cloud supports project folders only in the Projects branch of the vault.
Working with these features and more is described in the following topics.