A Meridian vault may contain an unlimited number of folders. Meridian Enterprise folders work very similar to Windows folders. Anything that you can do to a Windows folder, you can do to a Meridian folder in the Documentation branch of the vault:
- Create and rename
- Copy and move
- Delete and restore
- Assign inheritable security to the contents
But Meridian folders are also capable of doing much more than Windows folders:
- The name can be calculated automatically
- The properties of a document can be determined by its parent folders
- Commands run on a selected folder can apply to all of the documents in the folder
- A special type of folder called a project folder can have a workflow associated with it similar to a document workflow as described in Run a Workflow Transition. Meridian Cloud supports project folders only in the Projects branch of the vault.
Working with these features and more is described in the following topics.
Please sign in to leave a comment.