Meridian Portal provides a project type named Standard Project that supports a simple document revision workflow outside of the vault. This makes it possible for new revisions to be made by business partners without access to the Meridian vault.
You can easily send copies of vault documents to these projects through the Meridian Enterprise integration with Meridian Portal. When the revisions (and any new documents) are approved in Meridian Portal, they are automatically imported back into the vault.
- To perform this task, you must be a member of group that is assigned to the Document Controller, Project Owner, or Tenant Administrator role that is assigned to the parent folder.
- This command requires a Package export type publishing job definition in Meridian Enterprise Server. For information about configuring publishing jobs, see the Accruent Meridian Enterprise Server Administrator's Guide .
- When a document is sent to Meridian Portal:
- 'For information', it is not locked.
- 'For revision' it is locked.
- Documents sent to Meridian Portal remain locked to the export package in which they were sent until they are returned from Meridian Portal. If the package transfer fails, you can unlock the documents from the package as described in Lock And Unlock Documents. Documents must be unlocked from PowerUser or from PowerWeb with a site cache configured and the ActiveX compatibility mode option disabled.
- When documents are imported back into the vault, they are subject to the Field-Path definition of the vault’s configuration like any other document. This might place the documents in other folders than where they originated.
- Documents sent to Meridian Portal must first be synchronized to a Meridian Explorer repository. This will be done automatically, if necessary, but it might delay the documents' availability in Meridian Portal.
- If the Existing documents option of the import profile that is used to return documents from Meridian Portal to the vault is set to New revision and the source document is in a workflow but not in the Released state when the document is imported back to the vault, the import will fail. If this happens, change the state of the vault document to Released and restart the import job.
- The folder used in this task must be of a folder type that has its Can be linked to M360 projects option enabled. If you are unsure of the configuration of the folder types in your system, contact a system administrator.
- Besides the selected documents, an automatically generated transmittal sheet (Microsoft Excel workbook) will be included in the package.
Do the following prerequisite tasks:
- If it does not exist already, create a folder in the vault to represent the Meridian Portal project as described in Create a Folder.
- Link the folder to a Meridian Portal project as described in Link Folders To Meridian Portal.
- If they do not exist already, create project copies of the master documents (and any required CAD references) into the folder as described in Copy a Master Document To a Project Folder.
- Select the project copies that you want to send.
- In the Workflow ribbon, in the Manage group, click Send to Portal. The Send to Meridian Portal dialog appears and lists the members of the Meridian Portal project that is linked to the vault project folder. The command is unavailable if no parent folder in the document path is linked to a Meridian Portal project.
- Click options using the descriptions in the following table.
A dialog box shows the progress as the documents are sent to Meridian Portal in an export package and locked in the folder (if sent for the Issue Reason of For Revision). If you enabled the Include CAD references option, the referenced documents are sent also, even if they were not selected. If the Export Packages property page is enabled in your system, it shows information about the export package in which the documents were sent. If the document already exists in the Meridian Portal project, the document is added as a new revision.
Select the recipients that you want to work with the documents in Meridian Portal.
Type a description of the package for the recipient.
Include CAD references
Also send any CAD reference documents to Meridian Portal that reside in the same project folder as the selected parent documents.
In PowerWeb, when the user sends the document to Portal with CAD references for revision:
If the project copy has CAD references to documents outside the project, these referenced documents are included in the package for information.
In PowerWeb, when the user sends the document to Portal with CAD references for information:
Sending to Portal
|Select the purpose for sending the documents: For revision (available only for documents in an editable workflow state and assigned to you) or For information (all other documents).|
The latest released revision
|When selected, the latest released revision of the document is sent to Meridian Portal instead of the working copy (default).|