The Reference Explorer is an advanced tool for viewing references between documents.
The Reference Explorer is used by several Meridian commands to display different reference types:
- Show Assembly Structure: Shows only outgoing CAD external reference types
- Show Where Used: Shows only incoming CAD external reference types
- Show Derivatives: Shows Derived From and Derived To reference types
- Show Project Copies: Shows the copies made in folders of a master document with Advanced Project Workflow Module.
- Copy with References: Copies a document and its references to a new document
- Derive with References: Derives a document and references from a source document
- Create Project Copy: Copies a master document to a folder as a project copy
The Reference Explorer is built into the Copy with References and Derive with References commands, so the Reference Explorer appears automatically when creating references. The other commands display the Reference Explorer only to show different reference types.
If a part is used in more than one sub-assembly, each occurrence of the part in the Reference Explorer tree is considered as a separate document for the purpose of selection. However, that does not affect the resulting copy operation.
- Select the document for which you want to view its references.
- In the Document ribbon, in the Information group, select one of the first three commands listed above depending on the reference type that you want to view. The Reference Explorer opens, similar to the following figure, and shows documents that are linked to the selected document by the applicable reference type.
- To show a different reference type:
- Click Assembly Structure, Where Used, or Derivatives.
- To show references that were created manually:
- In the Assembly ribbon, in the Options group, enable Display Manual References.
- To show project copies that have already been released, superseded, or merged with the master document:
- In the Assembly ribbon, in the Options group, enable Display Inactive Project Copies.
- To display a sub-set of a document’s properties in the right pane:
- Select a document in the left pane. These properties are configurable by a system administrator as described in the Accruent Meridian PowerWeb Configuration Guide.
- To make one of the reference documents the selected document:
- Select the document in the left pane and click the Document icon in the view bar.
- To download the document and open it in its registered application:
- In the Assembly ribbon menu, click Open Document.
- To show a shortcut menu of all commands that are applicable to the selected document:
- Right-click a document.
- To close the Reference Explorer:
- Click Exit.