There are many ways to get documents into a vault, including:
- Creating documents from templates as described in Create a New Document From A Template.
- Copying existing vault documents (including deriving and replacing documents) as described in Copy Commands.
- Saving documents into a vault from their native applications as described in Application Integration.
- Importing with drag and drop as described in the following topic.
- Importing with packages as described in the following topic.
All of these methods create new documents, but the method you choose should be determined by the type and quantity of documents that you want to import and convenience.