Quick Find is simpler than Find.
- By default, Quick Find does not search in the document content (full-text) unless configured to do so by a system administrator.
- Your search criterion is saved for the current session only and is reset to the default after you log off.
- In the toolbar, click the down arrow next to the search icon and select the property that you want to search. The properties listed are those designated by a system administrator as Key Find properties.
- Type the text that you want to find in the text box.
- Click the icon or press Enter. The Search Results view appears.
The exact match and fuzzy search options for document content and memo content determine how substrings in text are detected. They can be important for finding, for example, the same date formatted for different locales (1-2-2013 vs. 2-1-2013) or a document, tag, or part number that contains punctuation characters (71-3810.10).
The Run Search button is cleared when a search condition is selected that is not valid for the current search property or option. The following table indicates the valid conditions for each property type or search option.