You can manipulate Navigation views in some of the same ways that you can in Windows Explorer. The changes that you make are saved between sessions.
To sort documents in a Navigation view based on a particular column:
- Click the column heading that you want to sort on and then click Ascending or Descending. An arrowhead icon in the column heading indicates the current sorting column and sort order.
- Click the column heading again to reverse the sort order.
To change the order of columns:
- Click the column heading, drag it, and drop it in the desired position.
To change the visibility of columns:
- Right-click a column heading. The Columns to Show dialog box appears.
- To hide a visible column, clear its checkbox.
- To show a hidden column, select its checkbox.
- To restore the default column visibility, click Restore To Defaults.
- When you are done setting the column visibility, click OK.
In addition to the preceding actions, you may also filter the documents shown in the following view types based on the property values of the documents that are shown in these views:
- Search Results
- Dynamic collections
You do this by defining a filter similar to defining a filter in Microsoft Excel. You may only define one filter at a time.
To filter a view based on the values of the columns that are shown:
- Click the column header of the property upon which you want to filter the view and then click Filter By. A dialog box appears that lists the values that are used by the documents that are shown in the view. By default, no property values are selected.
- Select the property values that you want shown in the view and click Apply. The view is refreshed to show only those documents that have the selected property values. A filter icon appears in the column header to indicate that a filter is active.
To remove a filter on a column:
- Repeat the preceding task and select Reset. The view is refreshed to show the resulting documents.
Please sign in to leave a comment.