You can link Meridian Enterprise folders to Meridian Portal projects in these ways:
- Create Projects In Meridian Portal
- Link existing folders created in Meridian Enterprise as described in this task
Meridian folders can be linked to a Meridian Portal project only when:
- The Meridian folder is a folder type that has its Can be linked to M360 projects option enabled in the vault configuration. For information about your vault configuration, ask a system administrator.
- Documents in the folder are not already linked to a different Meridian Portal folder.
- The Meridian Portal project that you want to link to is a Standard Project type project. Packages Only type projects cannot be linked to Meridian Enterprise.
- To perform this task, you must be a member of group that is assigned to the Document Controller, Project Owner, or Tenant Administrator role that is assigned to the parent folder.
- If multiple vaults are connected to a single Meridian Portal tenancy, the vault project number must be unique among all of the vaults in order to ensure that when documents are returned from Meridian Portal, they are imported into the correct vault. The Meridian vault property that contains the project number is configured as described in Create an Import Profile.
To link a Meridian folder to a Meridian Portal project:
- Select the folder you want to link.
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click the folder then select Folder > Link To Meridian Portal in the context menu that appears.
- In the Folder ribbon, in the Action group, click Link To Meridian Portal.
The Meridian Portal Projects dialog box appears and lists the available projects.
- If you want to link to an existing project, select the project you want then click OK.
- If you want to create a new Meridian Portal project:
Click New Project.
The New Meridian Portal Project dialog box appears with the Project Number and Project Name fields filled in with the Project Name from the vault.
- If required, edit the Project Number and Project Name fields for the new Meridian Portal project that you want to create.
- Click OK.
The folder is linked to the project and the project name is shown on the property page of the folder with a hyperlink button that will open the project.
To unlink a Meridian folder from a Meridian Portal project:
Right-click the folder that you want to link, point to Folder, and then click Unlink From Meridian Portal on the shortcut menu that appears.
In the Folder ribbon, in the Action group, click Unlink From Meridian Portal.
- A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Yes. The folder is unlinked from the project.