Renditions are typically updated automatically when an updated source document is released from a workflow. However, there may be circumstances in which you want to update renditions without initiating a workflow or editing the source documents, such as:
- You have replaced the content of the source document with a file from an outside organization
- You receive updated renditions from an outside organization and will not receive an updated source document until later
- You synchronize Meridian properties to a drawing title block and need to update the rendition to reflect the new values.
In these and similar circumstances, you can update renditions manually.
When rendering has completed, the new rendition will appear in the viewer. For information about setting the rendition properties and monitoring the Accruent Publisher queue, see View the Publisher Queue.
- The document will be locked by the Rendition Server account until the rendition has completed.
- Only documents that are unlocked in your local workspace or that are already locked by the Rendition Server account may have their renditions updated.
- The resulting rendition may contain additional information such as a watermark, depending on your system’s configuration.
To perform this task, you must be a member of group that is assigned to the Contractor, Contributor, Document Controller, Project Owner, or Tenant Administrator role that is assigned to the parent folder.
To update a rendition manually:
- Select the document for which you want to update its rendition.
- On the Document ribbon, in the Rendition group, click Update Rendition. The document is added to the Accruent Publisher queue for rendering.
Please sign in to leave a comment.