Detaching a part of a hybrid document separates the part and makes it an independent document.
- You can only detach a part from a hybrid document that is in the Released state.
- You cannot detach a part from a hybrid document in PowerWeb, only delete it as described in the following task.
- Display the property pages for the hybrid document for which you want to detach parts.
- Click Hybrid Parts in the upper right corner of the page. The Hybrid Parts page appears, listing the names of the hybrid parts attached to the selected document.
- Select the hybrid part that you want to detach. The Document property page for the selected part appears.
- On the Edit menu, select Delete. The Delete Hybrid Part dialog box appears.
- Click Yes. The hybrid part disappears from the Available hybrid parts list and is deleted from the vault.