Documents are locked to prevent modification or copying under some circumstances, such as when they are added to a package. You can also manually lock a document to keep it in your local workspace if it is editable but not yet locked.
A document that is locked in another user’s local workspace may need to be manually unlocked so that it can be edited elsewhere or by another user. This is especially useful if a user has to work on a different computer than where the document is currently locked. The document can be unlocked (and synchronized to the vault automatically) from the first computer; then the user can start working on the second computer, and the vault document (now up to date) will be copied to the second computer.
- You must have the Unlock from Briefcase privilege to unlock documents that are locked to you or the Unlock Document for Others privilege to unlock documents that are locked to other users.
- If a document is locked because it was added to a package, the name of the package can be found in the AMDocumentPropertySet._LOCKPACKNAME property to confirm that it is safe to unlock the document.
To lock a document:
- Select the document that you want to lock.
- In the Document ribbon, in the Workspace group, click Lock Document. The Lock Document dialog box appears.
- Click Yes. The document is locked.
To unlock a document:
- Select the document that you want to unlock.
- In the Document ribbon, in the Workspace group, click Unlock Document or Unlock Another User’s Document. The Unlock Document dialog box appears.
- Click Yes. The document is unlocked
To unlock a batch of documents:
- Conduct a search.
- Select the Search Results heading.
This will apply the command you select to all results in your search, including results on subsequent pages.
- Select the Unlock Document command on the Edit tab.
If the Unlock command is applicable for all files in the search results, the operation succeeds. Otherwise, the system executes the Unlock command for the files where the command is applicable.
Please sign in to leave a comment.