Because PowerWeb uses your Internet browser, the browser’s security settings also affect PowerWeb. Depending on your organization’s security policies, the version of Windows installed on your computer, and your permissions on the computer, the browser security settings might interfere with proper operation. This is particularly true for the default settings in newer versions of Windows. Following are the recommended security settings for Microsoft Internet Explorer for use with PowerWeb:
- Meridian vaults should be added as trusted sites
- Internet Explorer Protected Mode should be disabled
To configure these Internet Explorer settings:
- In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, select Internet Options. The Internet Options dialog box appears.
- Click the Security tab. The security options appear.
- Select the Trusted sites zone. The zone’s current security level is shown.
- Click the Sites button. The Trusted sites dialog box appears.
- Type the address of the PowerWeb server, for example, http://MyServer and click Add. The server is added to the Websites list.
- Click Close to return to the Internet Options dialog.
- Clear the Enable Protected Mode checkbox, if it is selected.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.